Update: Deadline Passed

How do I object or comment on the New Settlement?

You can ask the Court to deny approval by filing an objection to the New Settlement. You cannot ask the Court to order a different settlement; the Court can only approve or reject the Settlement. If the Court denies approval, no settlement payments will be sent out and the lawsuit will continue. If that is what you want to happen, you must object.

If you decide to object to the New Settlement, you must do so in writing. The written objection must include the following information:

  • Your name, address, telephone number, and if you are being assisted by a lawyer, their name, address and telephone number;
  • The Action name and number (Luscher, et al. v. Mitsubishi Electric Corp., Case No. 17-cv-04067-JST, MDL No. 1917);
  • Proof of membership in the class;
  • A brief but specific explanation of your reasons for objecting; and
  • Your signature.

The objection must be submitted to the Court either by mailing it to the Clerk of Court at the address below, or by filing it in person at any location of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. The objection must be filed with the Court or postmarked on or before April 14, 2023:

Clerk of Court
United States District Court for the
Northern District of California
1301 Clay Street, Suite 400 S
Oakland, CA 94612